A request letter is being written to attract the attention of the person towards your legitimate demands. Through this letter, you ca express your inner feelings into words. Request letter can be written on any occasion whether it is related to job promotion or increment, asking for a donation, requesting for a recommendation, business dealings etc. It is essential to write your request letter with politeness and sincerity.
Request Letter Writing Tips
- First and foremost it is vital to keep you request letter simple and precise.
- You should clearly state the reason behind your request with politeness in your words.
- You should also enclose documents supporting your request with the letter.
- Be professional in your approach.
- The wordings of the letter should be such that the reader truly empathizes with your request.
- Once you have completed writing the letter, please recheck the same for spelling mistakes or punctuation errors.
Request Letter Template
Use our free How to Write a Request Letter to help you get started. Simply download the .doc or pdf file and customize it. If you need additional help or more examples check out some of the sample letters below.
Date (Date on which letter is written)
This is to bring to your kind consideration that I hold a saving account in your bank A/c no. ______________. I have recently issued a cheque to my supplier as a payment for his goods. Cheque no. is ___________ dated _____________, but due to some reason, he has misplaced the same. I kindly request you to do the stop payment of the same.
I would be really grateful to you if you could do the needful at the earliest.