The data and information generated in companies today are endless. The information that is processed and processed within a company is incalculable. Companies, increasingly, need technology to work, requiring complex software and computerized equipment to develop their activity in an optimized and efficient manner.
The audit of systems involves the review and evaluation of controls and computer systems, as well as their use, efficiency, and security in the company, which processes the information. Thanks to the audit of systems as an alternative to control, follow-up, and review, the computer process and technologies are used more efficiently and safely, guaranteeing adequate decision-making.
- Verify and judge the information objectively.
- Verification of controls in the processing of information and installation of systems, in order to evaluate their effectiveness and also present some recommendation and advice.
- Examination and evaluation of the processes in terms of computerization and data processing. In addition, the number of resources invested, the profitability of each process and its effectiveness and efficiency are evaluated.
Objectives of the Systems audit are:
- Improve the cost-benefit ratio of information systems.
- Increase the satisfaction and security of the users of these computerized systems.
- Guarantee confidentiality and integrity through professional security and control systems.
- Minimize the existence of risks, such as viruses or hackers, for example
- Optimize and streamline decision making.
- Educate on the control of information systems, since it is a very changing and relatively new sector, so it is necessary to educate users of these computerized processes.