BS ISO 26000:2010 GUIDANCE ON SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
BS ISO 26000:2010 outlines international recommendations for social responsibility. It covers organisational governance, human rights, working practices, environmental policies, sustainable development and community involvement. BS ISO 26000:2010 provides a framework for companies to build a robust and long-term corporate responsibility strategy – helping you gain competitive advantage and giving stakeholders greater confidence in the integrity the business. Social responsibility is a critical part of measuring business performance and in all industries, and BS ISO 26000:2010 can be adapted to different legal, cultural, political and sector environments.
ISO 26000 Guidance on social responsibility is launched from ISO, the International Organization for Standardization. Is an International Standard providing guidelines for social responsibility (SR) named ISO 26000 or simply ISO SR. It was released on 1 November 2010. Its goal is to contribute to global sustainable development, by encouraging business and other organizations to practice social responsibility to improve their impacts on their workers, their natural environments and their communities.
This standard was developed by ISO/TMBG Technical Management Board – groups. ISO 26000 was published for the first time in November 2010.
How does it work?
BS ISO 26000:2010 highlights the importance of social responsibility across all sectors. These international recommendations help you improve industry reputation with a sustainable corporate responsibility strategy. And BS ISO26000:2010 enables you to attract and retain employees and customers through greater morale and confidence. The standard outlines ways to improve relationships with other organisations and communities as well as governments and the media. BS ISO 26000:2010 also provides guidance on identifying and addressing social issues specific to your business, sector and location.
Who should buy it?
- All organisations with a social responsibility strategy
- All organisations that want to implement a social responsibility strategy.
Contents of BS ISO 26000 include:-
- Terms and definitions
- Understanding social responsibility
- The social responsibility of organizations: Historical background
- Recent trends in social responsibility
- Characteristics of social responsibility
- The state and social responsibility
- Principles of social responsibility
- Ethical behaviour4.5 Respect for stakeholder interests
- Respect for the rule of law
- Respect for international norms of behaviour
- Respect for human rights
- Recognizing social responsibility and engaging stakeholders
- Recognizing social responsibility
- Stakeholder identification and engagement
- Guidance on social responsibility core subjects
- Organizational governance
- Human rights
- Labour practices
- The environment
- Fair operating practices
- Consumer issues
- Community involvement and development
- Guidance on integrating social responsibility throughout an organization
- The relationship of an organization’s characteristics to social responsibility
- Understanding the social responsibility of an organization
- Practices for integrating social responsibility throughout an organization
- Communication on social responsibility
- Enhancing credibility regarding social responsibility
- Reviewing and improving an organization’s actions and practices related to social responsibility
- Voluntary initiatives for social responsibility
- Examples of voluntary initiatives and tools for social responsibility
- Abbreviated terms