World wide Web, Creating Web Pages Using HTML
Web development refers to building website and deploying on the web. Web development requires use of scripting languages both at the server end as well as at client end.
Before developing a web site once should keep several aspects in mind like:
- What to put on the web site?
- Who will host it?
- How to make it interactive?
- How to code it?
- How to create search engine friendly web site?
- How to secure the source code frequently?
- Will the web site design display well in different browsers?
- Will the navigation menus be easy to use?
- Will the web site loads quickly?
- How easily will the site pages print?
- How easily will visitors find important details specific to the web site?
- How effectively the style sheets be used on your web sites?
Web Development Process
Web development process includes all the steps that are good to take to build an attractive, effective and responsive website. These steps are shown in the following diagram:
Web development tools
Web development tools helps the developer to test and debug the web sites. Now a days the web development tooll come with the web browsers as add-ons. All web browsers have built in tools for this purpose.
Following are the common featuers that every web development tool exhibits:
HTML AND THE DOM
HTML and DOM viewer allows you to see the DOM as it was rendered. It also allows to make changes to HTML and DOM and see the changes reflected in the page after the change is made.
WEB PAGE ASSESTS, RESOURCES, AND NETWORK INFORMATION
Web development tools also helps to inspect the resources that are loaded and available on the web page.
PROFIING AND AUDITING
Profiling refers to get information about the performance of a web page or web application and Auditing provides developers suggestions, after analyzing a page, for optimizations to decerease page load time and increase responsiveness.
For being a successful web developer, one should possess the following skills:
- Understanding of client and server side scripting.
- Creating, editing and modifying templates for a CMS or web development framework.
- Testing cross browser inconsistencies.
- Conducting observational user testing.
- Testing for compliance to specified standards such as accessibility standards in the client region.