Ethos of Vadanta in Management
Indian Ethos Management believes in supreme soul and supreme truth. If you do well, you get good. If you are good, the whole world is good. Indian Ethos Management taps on potentials and values and cultures. To be perfect, to live in the present and develop selves is the core essence of Indian Ethos Management. Fuse morality with education in sweet harmony. And see what happens. The educational system has to be shaped anew, so that students can fulfil the task of brightening the Motherland Bharat. Education should teach us= SIMPLE LIVING, HIGH THINKING. EDUCATION should produce- students of integrity, character and self-confidence. Education without purification is like a kite whose twine is scrapped. Education without refinement of character is like a rudderless boat, no one knows where it will take us. What is education? He indeed is the wise one, who focuses his attention on the important aspects of learning and obtains the right insight into the true nature of education. Education is that which throws wide open the doors of the mind. The men of learning should experience within themselves the sublime beauty and splendour of education, and then they should impart it to others. To see the Universal and all pervading spirit of Truth face to face, one must be able to love the meanest of all creation as oneself- says Gandhiji and this is only the supreme Truth.
Bhagvad gita- chapter 15 verses 1= Urdhva Mulam Madhsakham, Aswatham Prahurravayam, Chandagumsi Yashya Parnani, Yastam Vedasa Vedavith. Meaning- The Banyan tree roots have it in upwards and its leaves downwards. They are the Vedas and one who knows it knows the Vedas. Similarly, one who knows the essence of education knows all about the fruits of education and its realities and its moral values. Chivalry of speech has increased, Chivalry of deed has disappeared, Life is laden with false vanities, Previously Indian Ethos was to Know one selves. Self- realisation is the Key aspect in Indian Ethos. Indian Ethos promotes the qualities of team-spirit, humility, forbearance, patience, persistence, perseverance, purifying the mind, living in peace, possessing a spirit of service and Niskaam karma. Unity in diversity is the key- aspects of Indian ethos human values. This was the previous nature of Indian Ethos. But today, the Indian youth and people have forgotten our age-old Indian Ethos Management. Competition, Carelessness, stress, over-confidence, Pulling others down to make one sleves secure, crab-mentality, has reduced the life-span of people and now more dis-eases have increased. Money has become our God, Pride has become our weapon. Selfishness sits in Mind’s seat. Egotism has become our Fashion. Greed has become our Beauty. Dharma is not sought. Compassion has sunk low. Moral fervour is lost.
Hypocrisy has become the light of life. Love and Kindness lie sick and diseased. Modern education has blinded the man with lust. Life has become a burden. Mind has gone astray. Education should enable a person to nurture proper values and virtues n oneself. The end of education is to gain employability and possess lot of wealth. Students are the very foundation of the nation. When the foundation is strong, the nation will also be the strongest building. For this, the people of the nation, the government, the teachers, the parents and the students of country should have a strong moral value. Students nowadays strive to get high ranks and high degrees, but they have lost moral values. We have reached the planets, but we cannot conquer our senses.
Master the mind and be a Master mind. We nowadays are not caring for remarks, but we only take credibility in Marks. So better try to improve educational policies, values and use better Indian philosophies to come up in life and for over-all development of societal welfare. So Believe in Indian Ethos Philosophies and start moving ahead and use it for the betterment for the society.
FINDINGS: Some of the points to be considered, during the analysis as findings:-
- Self-confidence, Self-morale, self-esteem and self-contentment levels of the students increased by participating freely and whole-heartedly.
- Students came from various backgrounds, that is of different caste, creed, colour, race and being together, moulding themselves so, they could be better personalities with better human heart.
- Good communication process and exchange of ideas could be done with, irrespective of caste, creed, race, or religion.
- Students could become Professional, yet were Indian attached ethic cultural wise.
- They build four B’s- Building bridges and breaking Barriers for everybody in this selfish world today.
- Self-confidence levels of the students increased by participating freely and whole-heartedly.
- Ultimately- Over-all personality of the students could be enhanced.
- Inner-wounds, emotional aspects could be rectified.
- We have to consider the welfare about others while we practice INDIAN ETHOS.
- Good Indian Ethos was passed in the environment, around the STUDENTS.
- They had learnt these techniques of freeing themselves, free of cost, now they would be giving to society free of cost.
- There is always a win- win situation when we do good things.
- They have to be change-agents by themselves, if they self- willed be.
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see divine in human, same thing has happened when we conduct like these kind sessions for our youth.
- When we do such activities, we become stress-free.
- We create positive auras for everybody, through Good Indian Ethos teachings.
- How to be free from DIS-EASES is also taught by me.
- People are always Orthodox, traditional and conservative.
- We only think about ourselves and other people who need us.
- We have our own perceptions and do not like mixing with each other.
- Being Egoistic retards our growth.
- We always make religion come first and humanity next and this is the main cause of our downfall.
- We never forgive and fall in many maladies and go in graves with same sorrowful situations.
- We are always trying to accumulate things, rather than giving.
- We are hoarding things for ourselves.
SCOPE OF INDIAN ETHOS MANAGEMENT
- Together we come and make a great difference. Together we come and move towards the steps of prosperity.
- There was a Mentor- Mentee relationship in my classes (guru-shishya parampara). After learning from me, the students will now be Mentors for many mentees and the chain continues.
- I have been a learner in this learning process. By completing a course in Bio-medical Health care, from St. Pius Seminary, Goregaon and a project- Mental Health care, I would be using it for these special DIFFERENTLY ABLED- kids and understand them in a better way, trying to make their life meaningful.
- Also try to serve the patients- cancer and other terminally ill patients who have no hope of tomorrow.
- Try to teach the Under-privileged kids who do not have money to learn and are still trying to learn by making and pulling something.
- Through these kind of papers, try to help the rural people in their development either through education giving or by some other mode.
In conclusion, Samastha Loka Sukhino Bhavanthu : Let the whole world attained happinesss to the fullest, Summing up the essence of 18 puranas in one phrase :-
“ Paropakarah Punyaya, Papaya Parapeedanam.”= ( HELP EVER, HURT NEVER). In other words, FORGIVE AND FORGET…..
Let this be the pledge for everybody:
- Satyam vara, Dharamam Chara ( Upanishads)- SPEAK TRUTH, FOLLOW RIGHTEOUSNESS.
- LOVE ALL, SERVE ALL (Ramayana, Upanishads, Veda, Mahabharata, Bhagavata, Puranas)- is the core essence of Indian ethos and also of all the religions of the world, which has come through Indian Ethos teachings.
- MANAV SEVA HI MAADHAV SEVA HAI- SERVICE TO MAN IS SERVICE TO GOD.
- Go on doing NISHKAAM- KARMA- others before self and working for others, with no expectations. The greatest rule – Matru devo Bhava, Pitru Devo Bhava, Acharaya DevoBhava and Athithi Devo Bhava- (Vedanta)
- WHEN YOU LIVE IN UNITY, you get harmony in Humanity. WHEN IN DISUNITY, you always get disharmony in Humanity. (All Indian scriptures), SO CHECK YOURSELVES BFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELVES !!!!!…..
- SO BETTER ARISE AND AWAKE TILL YOUR DEEDS ARE NOT FINISHED- Swami Vivekananda.
- Bhagvad gita – chapter 18, verses 66= Sarva dharma parityajaya, Ma mekam, Sharanam Vraja, aham twam Sarva Pape Bhyo, Moksha Ishiyami Ma suchaha.
- Meaning= Shed all your religions and anxieties to me. Surrender to me and I shall Banish your fears. =That should be the essence of Education and Technology.
APNA LOCUS NAHIN, FOCUS KO CHANGE KARO,
MISSION NAHIN, VISION KO CHANGE KARO,
DHRISTI NAHIN, DHRISTKON KO CHANGE KARO,
DUSHRO KO NAHIN, KHUD KO CHANGE KARO,
AUR SAB KO NISKAAM KARMA SE MADAD KARO…….. !!!!!!!!
ISTA MANISANA… AMUM MANISANA…. SARVAM MANISANA…
( LAST LINES OF PURUSUKTAM, RIGVEDA)
MEANING —- GRANT US OUR DESIRES, OUR JOYS AND EVERYTHING, IN THIS WORLD AND THEREAFTER.