LAB/U5 Topic 8 Duties of Subscribers
- Generating key pair
Where any Digital Signature Certificate, the public key of which corresponds to the private key of that subscriber which is to be listed in the Digital Signature Certificate has been accepted by a subscriber, then, the subscriber shall generate the key pair by applying the security procedure.
2. Acceptance of Digital Signature Certificate
(1) A subscriber shall be deemed to have accepted a Digital Signature Certificate if he publishes or authorises the publication of a Digital Signature Certificate-(a) to one or more persons;
(b) in a repository, or
otherwise demonstrates his approval of the Digital Signature Certificate in any manner,
(2) By accepting a Digital Signature the subscriber certifies to all who reasonable rely on the information contained in the Digital Signature Certificate that-
(a) the subscriber holds the private key corresponding to the public key listed in the Digital Signature Certificate and is entitled to hold the same;
(b) all representations made by the subscriber to the Certifying Authority and all material relevant to the information contained in the Digital Signature Certificate are true.;
(c) all information in the Digital Signature Certificate that is within the knowledge of the subscriber is true.
- Control of private key
(1) Every subscriber shall exercise shall exercise reasonable care to retain control of the private key corresponding to the public key listed in his Digital Signature Certificate and take all steps to prevent its disclosure to a person not authorised to affix the digital signature of the subscriber.
(2) If the private key corresponding to the public key listed in the Digital Signature Certificate has been compromised, then, the subscriber shall communicate the same without and delay to the Certifying Authority in such manner as may be specified by the regulations.
Explanation- For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that the subscriber shall be liable to till he has informed the Certifying Authority that the private key has been compromised.