Digital Marketing Advantages and Challenges
Digital marketing benefits businesses of all sizes by giving access to the mass market at an affordable price. Unlike TV or print advertising, it allows truly personalised marketing.
The main advantage of digital marketing is that a targeted audience can be reached in a cost-effective and measurable way. Other digital marketing advantages include increasing brand loyalty and driving online sales.
The benefits of digital marketing include:
- Global Reach: A website allows you to find new markets and trade globally for only a small investment.
- Lower Cost: A properly planned and effectively targeted digital marketing campaign can reach the right customers at a much lower cost than traditional marketing methods.
- Trackable, measurable results: measuring your online marketing: with web analytics and other online metric tools makes it easier to establish how effective your campaign has been. You can obtain detailed information about how customers use your website or respond to your advertising. Web analytics can be set up to show you exactly how much money you make from each digital tactic.
- Personalisation: if your customer database is linked to your website, then whenever someone visits the site, you can greet them with targeted offers. The more they buy from you, the more you can refine your customer profile and market effectively to them.
- Openness: by getting involved with social mediaand managing it carefully, you can build customer loyalty and create a reputation for being easy to engage with.
- Social Currency: digital marketing lets you create engaging campaigns using different types of rich media content. On the internet these campaigns can gain social currency – being passed from user to user and becoming viral.
- Improved conversion rates: if you have a website, then your customers are only ever a few clicks away from completing a purchase. Unlike other media which require people to get up and make a phone call, or go to a shop, digital marketing can be seamless and immediate.
1: Producing Effective Referrals
2: Generating Traffic
3: Become a Video Expert
4: Convincing Your Brand You Need More Money
5: Keeping Up with Web Trends
6: Keeping the Customer First
7: Sifting Through Technologies and Platforms