Characteristics of Internet: email
Now a day, the mail client comes with enhanced features such as attachment, address book, and MIME support. Here in this chapter we will discuss all of these features which will give you a better understanding of added feature of a mail client program.
Ability to attach file(s) along with the message is one of the most useful features of email. The attachment may be a word document, PowerPoint presentation, audio/video files, or images.
- In order to attach file(s) to an email, click the attach button. As a result, a dialog box appears asking for specifying the name and location of the file you want to attach.
- Once you have selected the appropriate file, it is attached to the mail.
- Usually a paper clip icon appears in the email which indicates that it has an attachment.
- When adding an attachment it is better to compress the attached files so as to reduce the file size and save transmission time as sending and downloading large files consumes a lot of space and time.
Address book feature of a mail program allows the users to store information about the people whom they communicate regularly by sending emails. Here are some of the key features of an Address book:
- Address book includes the nick names, email addresses, phone number etc. of the people.
- Using address book allows us not to memorize email of address of a person, you just have to select recipient name from the list.
- When you select a particular name from the list, the corresponding email address link automatically get inserted in to the To: