Small Scale Industries Board: It was established in 1954 to provide effective coordination and inter- institutional linkages for the benefit of small-scale sector.
It consists of the following members:
- Union Industry Minister
- State Industry Minister
- Selected members of Parliament
- Secretaries of department concerned
- Eminent experts in the field
Central Scientific Instruments Organisation is a Chandigarh, India-based national laboratory dedicated to research, design and development of scientific and industrial instruments. It is one of the constituent laboratories of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), an Indian industrial research and development organisation situated at Chandigarth’s Sector 30C.
Major R&D areas
- Strategic and Defence Applications
- Optics & Opto-Electronics
- Computational Instrumentation
- Geo-Scientific Instrumentation
- Medical Instrumentation
- Analytical Instrumentation
- Agri-Electronic Instrumentation
- Energy Management, Condition Monitoring & Quality Control
- Environmental Monitoring Instrumentation
- Microelectro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) and Sensors
- Biomolecular Electronics and Nanotechnology
The institute functions under the Ministry of SSI, Government of India and it provides services such as preparation of project reports, training programmes in different activities, extending technical assistance and offering guidance on Industrial policy of Government of India. It is a pioneer organisation, to develop small scale industries through counselling, consultancy/training. It also assists the industries in marketing the products and acquiring quality standards.
SISI also provides various types of extension services and assistance in setting up of units, promoting and developing product and services by the Small Scale Industries. The small industries service institutes have been set up in state capitals and other places all over the country to provide consultancy and training to small entrepreneurs both existing and prospective. At present the SIDO has been administering 28 SISIs and 30 branch SISIs working in different parts of the country.