The first step in creating a new campaign is choosing your advertising objective. After you choose this objective, you will be guided in choosing your goals. This goal will help you determine the best campaign type to reach your intended audience.
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- On the left-side menu, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button, then select New campaign.
- Select your advertising objective for the campaign.
- Scroll down, then choose your conversion goals and click Continue.
- Click Add another goal to include more goals.
- Click the delete button to remove goals.
- Choose your campaign type and click Continue.
Select a Campaign type
Your campaign type determines the places online where customers will find your ads.
Each campaign type has a different setup and set of best practices. Refer to the guides included at the end of these instructions to finish setting up your campaign.
- Select a campaign type. If you selected a goal, you’ll be given the options for the best campaign types to achieve it.
- If your campaign type has subtypes, choose one.
- Click Continue.
- You’ll be taken to a new page to select your settings, set up ad groups, and create your ads. Follow the guides below to complete these steps based on your campaign type:
- Search: Text ads on search results
- Display: Image ads on websites
- Video: Video ads on YouTube
- Shopping: Product listings on Google
- Discovery: Advertise within online feeds
- App: Promote your app on many channels
- Local: Promote your locations on many channels
- Smart: Simplify your campaigns