The Quality Circle Training would be found relevant and useful for supervisors, engineers and managers from areas such as HR, Marketing, Sales, Design, Planning, Manufacturing, Materials, Maintenance, Logistics, Service and QA from both manufacturing and service organizations.
Value-added Quality Circle Training
Accelerate learning with the expert faculty Lead Auditors and Principal Trainers from the Industry. Quality Circle Training from the “Specialist Expert” has many advantages:
It will drastically change the way of thinking and the basic approach towards the Management System Standards.
- You would cherish & Benchmark our Quality Circle training for a very long time to come.
- No fictitious case studies you cannot connect with.
- Real-time examples, real-time scenarios you can quickly relate to.
- Complete Focus on your systems, processes, and line of businesses.
- 100% involvement and engagement of the participants
- Learn to make the ISO Standard sweat to:-
- Improve profits.
- Reduce rework, defects, customer rejections, wastage,& cost of operation
- Enhance customer delight
- Reduce attrition of customers and employees
- Enhance the confidence of all stakeholders
How to implement Quality circle:
- Firstly, the management is informed about the quality control circle process that is being planned.
- A committee is formed, and key persons such as a coordinator and in-house coach are selected.
- The scope is defined, and areas of application identified.
- First-line supervisors in the identified areas are given QCC presentations. It is important to make these
- Impressive and valuable tips on the subject are available.
- This is followed up with extensive training for coordinators and middle management on the process and their roles.
- Employees are invited to become members of a circle, and trained suitably once they sign up. Thus, a circle is formed and begins work. These may give rise to other circles.
- Problems are discussed and solved in a systematic manner in the QCCs. It is very important that solutions are implemented as quickly as possible, to maintain the momentum.
New QC Tools
Quality circles started using additional seven tools as they started maturing. These are:
- Relations diagram
- Affinity diagram
- Systematic diagram or Tree diagram
- Matrix diagram
- Matrix data analysis diagram
- PDPC (Process Decision Program Chart)
- Arrow diagram