HR technology is one of the keys on modern human resources management. It is significant in every HR areas, including performance management. Technology in performance management is brought by the use of computers, networks, specific apps, and mobile technology to help performance management processing. The result is improvement in efficiency and output of performance management system.
Performance management often get bad rap due to ineffective process, poor implementation, high cost, and inaccurate appraisal. Technology in performance management could make big different in the process, implementation, cost, and appraisal. The benefits are including:
- Technology could simplify the evaluation process. With technology, evaluation process could be done in simple system that will reduce time for the managers and related parties to deal with administrative aspects. As the time is reduced, there would be more time that could be used by the managers and staffs to create strategy to increase performance in the upcoming year.
- With technology, managers will easily monitor performance and keep tracks the measures, objectives, and achievements. Even it is possible to do the monitoring from distance with the use of network and mobile technology. It makes things effective and efficient.
- Collecting and broadcasting information is now very easy with the use of technology. Managers could easily gather information from variety of sources, including individual job, surveys, and supervisory information. Information is also easily spread to related parties so everybody could get sufficient information. It will increase employee’s satisfaction and reduce the potency of misunderstanding because they get actual information from trustable source.
- Online networks and mobile technology are essential instrumental to connect and communicate with others. It will useful for both reviewers and the employees. Reviewers could easily make frequent feedback to employees so the employees will know whether they meet expectation of their job performance or not. Employee could have constant access to participate in their reviews to the system.
- A structured performance evaluation process with possibility for the employee to take part in evaluation process by creating employee-level goals that aligned with general business goals will increase the sense of alignment of employees with organization’s mission. Technology with performance management system could make the documentation of these goals fast and easy to evaluate.
- Technology is also useful in the creation of analysis and reports. It will help to calculate evaluation scores and show it in the reports. In addition, the system may generate comprehensive reports that would be very useful to demonstrate the strength and weakness of organization to the executives.
- Grants access to real-time information
In today’s always-on workforce, time is always of the essence. Access to real-time data in an Employee Experience Platform helps managers and leaders react quickly. That’s whether they need to respond to negative feedback proactively, onboard new employees effectively, or reward them as they reach important goals. Technology helps you make the most of frequent one-on-one Sync-Ups and quarterly goal-alignment Check-Ins.
- Easily identifies employee success trends and anomalies
As an HR professional, a data-driven process allows you to shine a spotlight on the areas of employee success you need to see most. Instead of spending time tracking down trends and outliers, you’re better able to address complex problems. Which means you’ve got the insights you need to drive employee success.
- Develops more complete employee success profiles
Technology is also the best way to build team alignment. When it comes to succeeding, being on the same page is critical. And manual performance review processes can leave way too much to chance. So, seeing progress toward goals, and employee Sync-Up and Check-In feedback data, all in one place, provides 100% transparency for empowering employees to succeed year-round.
- Gives an accurate measurement of usage
Just like anything else, a good employee success process only works when it’s actually used. Old-school performance processes make it impossible to track key metrics, like which individuals and teams are setting and tracking goals. (Or giving and receiving feedback or committing to an evaluation and coaching process.)
Employee success technology gives human resource leaders a snapshot of usage. This allows you to determine which processes need to be tweaked, or when a training or refresher course is necessary.
Tracking employee goal program participation in WorkTango’s employee success platform.
- Creates audit trail access
Finally, technology automatically creates digital records of employee success conversations. This protects an organization in the event that a person feels they were unfairly assessed and chooses to take legal action. So having this information on hand can save HR, and other business leaders, from a very expensive headache down the road.