Format of a Résumé
Although the templates of résumés vary from profession to profession, we will discuss the most widely accepted format here, which consists of −
- Name− Full name of the applicant without general salutations like Mr., Ms.
- Address− the permanent address
- Objective− the aim of your professional life
- Education− your academic qualification
- Skills− areas of expertise in your profession
- Programming Languages− if any
- Software Tools− Software tools you use in your profession (MS Word, Excel)
- Operating System Platforms− operating system you use (Windows, Mac)
- Database Management System− if any
- Personal Skills− soft skills
- Experience Breakdown− detailed explanation of your experience
- Achievements & Interests− Hobbies. Achievements in professional life
- Declaration− stating all information provided about the applicant as true
NOTE − Fields marked (e, f, i) will change as per applicant’s area of expertise. Points (g, h) are considered parts of a general template now, as almost all the companies now expect the candidate to have basic computer proficiency on some specific software tool (MS Word, MS Excel, etc…).