As we all know that today’s age is the age of science and technology. The teaching learning programs have also been affected by it. The process of teaching learning depends upon the different type of equipment available in the classroom.
Need of Teaching Aids
(1) Every individual has the tendency to forget. Proper use of teaching aids helps to retain more concept permanently.
(2) Students can learn better when they are motivated properly through different teaching aids.
(3) Teaching aids develop the proper image when the students see, hear taste and smell properly.
(4) Teaching aids provide complete example for conceptual thinking.
(5) The teaching aids create the environment of interest for the students.
(6) Teaching aids helps to increase the vocabulary of the students.
(7) Teaching aids helps the teacher to get sometime and make learning permanent.
(8) Teaching aids provide direct experience to the students.
Types of Teaching Aids
There are many aids available these days. We may classify these aids as follows-
(1) Visual Aids
The aids which use sense of vision are called Visual aids. For example :- actual objects, models, pictures, charts, maps, flash cards, flannel board, bulletin board, chalkboard, overhead projector, slides etc. Out of these black board and chalk are the commonest ones.
(2) Audio Aids
The aids that involve the sense of hearing are called Audio aids. For example: – radio, tape recorder, gramophone etc.
(3) Audio – Visual Aids
The aids which involve the sense of vision as well as hearing are called Audio- Visual aids. For example: – television, film projector, film strips etc.