e-commerce based activities
Under the e-commerce umbrella there exist a variety of activities. These include:
- Online Shopping: A prevalent example of e-commerce is shopping via the internet. Virtual stores are created online, often boasting more variety of choices than are available at physical stores. There are also stores that exist only online, and benefit from the lack of investment into physical infrastructure.
- Electronic Payments: Payment systems for utility bills, phone, cable and internet bills, as well as online shopping are an important aspect of e-commerce. Here, security needs to be ensured regarding credit card and personal information.
- Virtual Auctions: One version of e-commerce is the online auction popularized by eBay. These websites offer customers the benefit of selling to others at the best possible price.
- Internet Banking: E-commerce has allowed many people to forego frequent visits to the bank and instead perform their regular banking activities online via secure banking services.
- Online Ticketing: Ticketing for almost all types of activities is now done online. This include travel ticketing such as air travel, bus and trains, as well as tickets for entertainment and sports events. This allows people to avoid queues and just go on the day of the event.