The term ‘market aggregation’ is used to refer to that marketing process in which a particular product or service is marketed to a large set of audiences or consumers, having the similar kind of needs and demands thus, giving a heavy brand exposure. Market aggregation is also known as ‘mass marketing’ or ‘undifferentiated marketing.
Market aggregation is a marketing strategy in which marketing is done to a mass number of people belonging to the same segment of demographics having similar kinds of needs and wants.
n this type of marketing, certain standardized products or services are marketed to a large number of consumers that out there want to purchase that product or service so that they can satisfy their needs. Hence it is also given the name ‘mass marketing’.
The market aggregations are often referred to as a form of differentiated marketing. This is because, in such type of marketing process, only a particular segment of customers is targeted who are having the same kind demands.
Also, the market aggregation leads to a reduced cost in many things. It leads to a reduced cost of marketing, reduced cost of manufacturing and even a reduced cost to the customers. Now usually the strategy of the market aggregation is used to market those products that are often the necessities of the people like sugar, toothpaste, etc.
Market aggregation is used in many different fields. There are so many products out there in the market that come in the everyday use of the consumers and thus are high in demand by a wide segment of the demographics.
There are a few products that are marketed daily using the strategy of market aggregation like the sugar, gasoline, rubber bands, services that offer dry cleaning and many other similar things are there that come in everyday use.
Now there is a reason why in these sectors, marketing aggregation works out. This is because these types of products are such that are perceived by a large number of people in the same manner, irrespective of the company that is selling those products.
Market aggregation generally refers to that approach of marketing in which a large group of customers is sold the similar kind of products. But there can be other meanings of the market approach as well. In some cases, the market aggregation may refer to that aspect of marketing in which it can be possible that a large number of products are marketed to individual customers.
- It reduces the production cost and the marketing cost which leads to the reduction in the costs to customers.
- It is an excellent way for companies to enhance product differentiation. This is because with the help of the product differentiation they are able to make their product stand out in the market. They can differentiate their product from the other similar products that are there in the market which are produced by their rival companies.
- Also due to the products differentiation, it helps the companies in realizing one brand to be superiors over the other. This helps the companies to maintain a good relationship with their consumers and also to maintain a loyal consumer base.
- Another advantage of the market aggregation is that since in this a more extensive section of people are targeted the companies get the opportunity to promote their products and brands in a broader market and hence giving them a lot of opportunities.
- First of all the strategy of the market aggregation lacks product diversity. This means that while promoting a particular type of a product or a service to a certain group of people, no other products or services are promoted. This means that the only focus is on one particular product there is no diversification in the marketing.
- And the other disadvantage is that the strategy of the marketing aggregation comes with the inability of the markets to be able to identify the actual needs of some specific group of customers.
- Also one of the significant disadvantages of the market aggregation is that when the products are marketed to the ass number of people belonging to one particular group having similar needs and wants, this then gives the other rivals in the market an opportunity to market their products to the one individual segments.
- Also in the mass aggregation, the companies can only satisfy the needs and want of one particular group of people. And they can’t go on meeting the needs of the of every single individual out there.