When affected buyer writes a letter to the seller raising complaints and demanding compensation, it is known as clam letter. Generally, a losing buyer writes claim letters to the seller. However, sometimes the buyer writes the letter to the transportation authority if any damage is caused by their negligence. Again, seller or transportation authority may also write a claim letter to the buyer claiming their demand.
Mode of claims or Type of claims
Although claim letters are written for possible compensation or adjustment but the mode of claims asked for are not always the same. Depending on the nature of damage or loss, the buyer can claim one or more of the followings:
- Partial or full refund of purchase price of the product or service.
- Future delivery of the products with correct items.
- Replacement of defective products.
- Repair of the damaged products.
- Reduction in the price.
- Credit the amount to purchase account.
- Cancellation of order or portion of order.
- Rescheduling the payment installments.
- Correction of error in bill.
One thought on “Claim Letters”