Role of MIS in Business Organization
Simply MIS stand For Management Information System. For Simply Understanding Management Information System (MIS) we can divide in to three Word and Understand Part by part
- Management:- “Management is function to do the work at the Right time, by the right Person, For the Right Job.”
- Information:- “Information is the Collection of Organized data which plays a Vital Role for decision making.”
- System:- “System Consist for a set of elements which Provides a Framework to convert Unorganized (Data) into Organized Information.”
Management information system refers to such system which provides accurate information to the entire level of management for decision making process. For right job at the right time, by the right person.
Management information system (MIS) has become Very Necessary due to Emergence of high complexity in Business Organization. It is all to know that without information no Organization can take even one step properly regarding the decision making process. Because it is matter of fact that in an organization decision plays an essential role for the achievement of its objectives and we know that every decision is based upon information. If gathered information are irrelevant than decision will also incorrect and Organization may face big loss & lots of Difficulties in Surviving as well.
- Helps in Decision making: Management Information System (MIS) plays a significant Role in Decision making Process of any Organization. Because in Any organization decision is made on the basis of relevant Information and relevant information can only be Retrieving from the MSI.
- Helps in Coordination among the Department: Management information System is also help in establishing a sound Relationship among the every persons of department to department through proper exchanging of Information’s.
- Helps in Finding out Problems: As we know that MIS provides relevant information about the every aspect of activities. Hence, If any mistake is made by the management then Management Information Systems (MIS) Information helps in Finding out the Solution of that Problem.
- Helps in Comparison of Business Performance: MIS store all Past Data and information in its Database. That why management information system is very useful to compare Business organization Performance. With the help of Management information system (MIS) Organization can analyze his Performance means whatever they do last year or Previous Years and whatever business performance in this year and also measures organization Development and Growth.