- Self confidence and polite
Self-confidence is the first step to success. Be confident; if you are not sure yourselves, how can you convince your customer. Self confidence is not arrogance, be polite.
You have to commit to your job, this industry is too tough for those who has only half-hearted, committed or choose another field, do not waste your time.
Do not expect a “hit and run” system can bring any result, you should have discipline to follow up all your commitment.
- Honest and Enthusiastic
All you tell should be the truth, but does not mean you have to tell all the truth which you have to keep due to positioning and negotiation. Do not over promise, if you are not sure, tell them I will find the answer for you.
- Give impact
There are two many sales knocking at your customers’ door, they can only remember the sales executive who give them an impact (either good or bad).
A good impact can only achieved if you prepare properly. I will not see any High Way salesman who just drop in and hear him talking nonsense, but I will accept somebody who has prepared a relevant topic which can arouse my interest (to get more value from him/her). No preparation do not go to see the customer, you waste you time and the company money.
- Keep on learning
Every day we learn, we can only advise our customers if we know what they are current doing. And usually you learn more from your customers (on field learning) by asking relevant question, but before you can ask relevant questions you should have some basic knowledge on the issue.
- Convey your idea to your customer
You should have a courage to convey your idea, not just “Yes, Sir”, you will lose your value if every time your response is “Yes, Sir”, then the customer will send you away with1 kg of spray powder or ink. Usually, most of the idea comes from your observation/listen from others customer. By systematically learning, you can obtain a lot of idea.
- Be creative and pro active
Don’t bring the same topic every time you visit your customer, otherwise you become Order Taker and they will happily send you away with 1 kg of spray powder. Think of different topic, (ink, graphic supplier, logistic, business environment, competition, payment, pricing, investment, interest rate, capital etc.). The more knowledge you know on your relevant field, the more your customer will value you.
- Killer instinct alias closing sales
Whatever value you add to the customer, some body has to pay and it is your customer who is going to pay. If you can’t close the sales, you have to question yourself: does my customer aware of my value?
Qualities of Highly affective Sales executive
- Ability to define the position’s exact functions and duties in relation to the goals the company should expect to attain. Sales executives calculate what is entailed in their responsibilities. Whether or not the company provides them with a job description, they draw up their own descriptions consistent with the responsibilities assigned by higher management. Revision are necessary whenever changes occur in the assigned responsibilities or in company goals.
- Ability to utilize time efficiently. The time of sales executives is valuable, and they budget it and use it carefully. They allocate working time to tasks yielding the greatest return. They arrive at an optimum division between office work and field supervision. Even the use of off duty hours is important. Excessive work time and too little leisure reduces efficiency. Successful sales executive balance such leisure time activities as community service and professional meeting against personal social activates, recreation, and self improvement.
- Ability to select and train capable subordinates and willingness to delegate sufficient authority to enable them to carry out assigned task with minimum supervision. Ability to delegate authority is must. Effective executives select high caliber subordinates and provide them with authority to make decisions. Within existing policy limits, decision are made by subordinates; when an exception falling outside these limits occurs, the superior decides. The more capable the subordinates, the wider policy limits can be And the more the superior’s time is freed for planning.
- Ability to exercise skilled leadership. Competent sales executives develop and improve their skills in dealing with people although they rely to a certain extent on an intuitive grasp of leadership skills, they depend far move on careful study of motivational factors and shrewd analysis of the ever changing patterns of unsatisfied needs among those with whom they work. Skilled leadership is important in dealing with subordinates and with everyone else.
- Ability to allocate sufficient time for thinking and planning. Able administrators make their contributions through thinking and planning. They know how and are willing to think. They recognize that reviewing past performances is a prerequisite to planning. They strive to gain new insight that will bring problems into better focus. Effective sales executives shield themselves from routine tasks and interruptions. Failing this, they retreat to surroundings which are conductive to thinking and planning.