Benchmarking dashboards can be created using various data visualization tools such as Tableau and Excel. These dashboards allow HR professionals to track and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and compare them to industry benchmarks or organizational goals.
Here are the steps for creating a benchmarking dashboard using Tableau or Excel:
- Define the KPIs: The first step in creating a benchmarking dashboard is to define the KPIs that will be tracked. These KPIs should be aligned with the organization’s overall objectives and goals.
- Collect and organize data: The next step is to collect and organize the data that will be used to track the KPIs. This data may be sourced from various HR systems such as the HRIS, payroll system, or applicant tracking system.
- Define benchmarks: Once the data has been collected, it’s important to define industry benchmarks or organizational goals for each KPI. These benchmarks can be sourced from industry reports or internal performance metrics.
- Choose a data visualization tool: The next step is to choose a data visualization tool such as Tableau or Excel. These tools allow users to create interactive dashboards that can be easily updated and shared with stakeholders.
- Design the dashboard: The dashboard should be designed with the end-user in mind. It should be visually appealing and easy to navigate. Key metrics should be highlighted and displayed prominently.
- Add filters and interactivity: To make the dashboard more interactive, filters can be added that allow users to drill down into specific data points. Users can also be allowed to select different time periods or compare data across different departments or regions.
- Test and validate the dashboard: Before sharing the dashboard with stakeholders, it’s important to test and validate the data to ensure accuracy. This can be done by comparing the data in the dashboard to the source data.
- Share the dashboard: Once the dashboard has been validated, it can be shared with stakeholders across the organization. This can be done through email, shared drives, or integrated with an HR portal.
Benchmarking Dash boarding of KPIs Uses
Benchmarking dashboard of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) can be used in various ways by HR professionals to measure and track the performance of their organization.
Here are some common uses of benchmarking dashboards:
- Performance tracking: Benchmarking dashboards can be used to track the performance of the organization in real-time. This can help HR professionals to identify areas that need improvement and take corrective action accordingly.
- Comparison with industry benchmarks: Benchmarking dashboards can be used to compare the organization’s performance with industry benchmarks. This can help HR professionals to identify areas where the organization is lagging behind and take necessary steps to improve performance.
- Comparison with internal benchmarks: Benchmarking dashboards can be used to compare the performance of different departments or business units within the organization. This can help HR professionals to identify high-performing departments and replicate their success in other areas of the organization.
- Strategic decision making: Benchmarking dashboards can be used to inform strategic decisions. By tracking key metrics such as employee turnover, recruitment costs, and training expenses, HR professionals can make data-driven decisions that can help to improve the overall performance of the organization.
- Identifying trends: Benchmarking dashboards can be used to identify trends in employee performance and behavior. By analyzing data over time, HR professionals can identify patterns and make predictions about future performance.